Matter Delivery: Umbria File
Create and manage pleading and closing indices and bundles
A traditional DMS orders documents based on metadata, such as date or document description. The only way to add a custom order in iManage, for example, would be to append numbers to descriptions or use custom metadata. Unfortunately, if documents need to be added to the middle of indices after their initial creation, it requires a laborious process of renumbering entire lists, a process that’s error prone and tedious.
Umbria File allows firms to create different types of indices – pleadings, depositions, trial, and case bundles – which can be associated with matters, while storing all content in the iManage DMS.
- Creates a workspace for each engagement in a web-based HTML5 application
- Assigns data to engagements like matter number, case name, docket, and judge
- Leverages existing engagement information from the Umbria platform
- Sets up multiple folders and dividers in a folder tree for each engagement
- Creates multiple folder types for content such as pleadings, deposition and trial exhibits, evidence, and case bundles
- Sets different security levels for each content type to limit who can see and access it
- Orders documents and email to fit specific requirements
- Eliminates space constraints for entering long descriptions
- Enables complete workflow for maintenance of indexes through central or distributed teams
- Supports confidentiality, ethical walls, and information barriers at engagement levels
- Stores content in iManage and other systems