Milan Legal Hold
Automate legal holds while minimizing risk of compromised information in iManage
Legal hold requires firms to identify content related to the subject matter of the hold, prevent its destruction (spoliation), and notify users for acknowledgement. Firms need an enterprise approach to minimize liability.
Milan Legal Hold executes automated, metadata-based processes. The legal hold can be for a fixed period or ongoing. Milan identifies and can notify document custodians and manages all relevant content until the hold is complete.
- Satisfies the three primary requirements of the legal hold process: hold notification, prevention of document spoliation (e.g., delete or change), and ongoing preservation
- Automates notifications and acknowledgements
- Allows holds to be created through searches
- Enables holds to be held in place by declaring documents as records
- Tracks original states so administrators can return documents to their original states when holds terminate
- Litigation holds are respected by other products in the Milan platform, including Milan Recycle Bin and Milan Service Desk for iManage