Web application gives lawyers anytime, anywhere access to email and documents
Philadelphia, PA – March 19, 2012 Prosperoware today announced Zone Mobile, a web application that helps law firms address the increasing business use of consumer devices, such as home computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets, a trend commonly referred to as “the consumerization of information technology.”
• Zone Mobile allows lawyers to securely and seamlessly navigate email, document management systems, and files shares from any device. Just as if they were working from their desktop, users respond to emails, file emails into repositories, and attach documents to emails using familiar tools that replicate the email management experience they have in the office.
• Zone Mobile eliminates the need for IT to manage software on personal devices and gives fee earners and staff an additional, low-cost remote access path to email and documents when office closures put excessive stress on remote access systems
• As the line between work and home continues to blur, IT organizations in law firms—like those in other enterprises—are moving quickly to support consumer devices, protect client data and intellectual property, and ensure compliance. In a dramatic shift, a recent Avanade survey revealed that approximately 60% of enterprises are adapting their IT infrastructure to accommodate employees’ personal devices instead of restricting how employees can use them.
• While most companies think of office closures in terms of natural disasters, and prepare for them with those odds in mind, most firms fail to plan for office closures that result from seasonal or one-time events, such as snow storms or the Olympics. For example, law firms across London are scrambling to come up with a strategy for handling the unprecedented measures and road closures designed to accommodate the 109-mile Olympic Route Network because business continuity and productivity—not to mention revenues—are at stake.
“We’re constantly connected—at the office, at home, getting coffee, at the airport,” said Keith Lipman, President and cofounder of Prosperoware. “ And we’re constantly working. That’s how we live. Consumerization strategies that restrict the use of personal devices may actually increase security and data loss risk because lawyers, like everyone else, are increasingly reluctant to give up their personal devices. Zone Mobile lets law firms take advantage of this trend in a very positive way.”
• Agnostic web-based application with a touch interface
Zone Mobile neutralizes the barriers between systems and makes them web accessible from any device without sacrificing security. Lawyers seamlessly navigate email and content repositories as if they were one application when they are away from the office. With Zone Mobile, how they manage email and documents is no different on their personal devices than it is on their desktop. In addition, the touch-based interface allows lawyers to interact without a mouse, providing a user experience similar to other native applications on a touch-based device, such as a smartphone or a tablet.
• Benefits to the firm
By providing a consistent metaphor for dealing with core processes, Zone Mobile facilitates user adoption of the electronic file, makes it easier to collaborate, and mitigates the risk of data breaches. Zone Mobile also provides a very low cost, yet powerful alternative to expensive solutions for business continuity, whether that’s office closures caused by a snow storm or a natural disaster.
• World-class security
Prosperoware’s unique hybrid security model combines the scalability and flexibility of web-based models with the fine control of centralized models to protect sensitive information. At the infrastructure level, Prosperoware supports the highest level of encryption, including 256k-bit SSL as well as cache recycling to clear the cache at logout. At the user level, Prosperoware enforces strict password policies that require two-factor authentification and periodic password resets.
Learn more about Zone Mobile: resources and links
- Learn more about Zone Mobile by attending the webinar, Addressing the Consumerization of IT, this Thursday, March 22, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EDT. Register here. After March 25, you can listen to the recorded webinar here.
- Learn more about Zone Mobile by visiting the products section of our website.
- Follow us @prosperoware
The founders of Prosperoware are experienced executives and well-regarded experts in legal matters, information management, eDiscovery, compliance, and enterprise software development. We count a number of progressive law firms among our clients, including Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP, DLA Piper, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, Duane Morris LLP, Ropes & Gray LLP, and Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP. Prosperoware has offices in Europe, Asia, and the U.S. To learn more about Prosperoware solutions, go to prosperoware.com.
Business Development Manager