Ascera for Connecting WorkSite & SharePoint
Integrate WorkSite and SharePoint with two technologies
Law firms and other organizations – such as legal departments – that use HP WorkSite (e.g., DeskSite or FileSite) as their primary content repository often want to share this content on their intranets or extranets, which are usually based on SharePoint. The Ascera family of products enables the integration of these two systems.
Without additional products, integration between WorkSite and SharePoint is limited and complex to manage. Users need to manually export document or NRL links and then import them into SharePoint. This complexity discourages use and impatient professionals often default to email, defeating the economic efficiencies of intranet and extranet usage.
Prosperoware offers two sets of technology to integrate these platforms, both of which may be used in a sophisticated deployment:
Allows users to publish WorkSite content directly to SharePoint libraries without IT support and seamlessly synchronizes content between WorkSite and SharePoint
- Ascera Publisher publishes and synchronizes documents, folders, and workspaces between WorkSite and SharePoint document libraries
- Ascera Web Parts is a web-based WorkSite client that exposes a part of the WorkSite repository, including documents, saved searches, folders, and workspaces
On an intranet, Ascera Web Parts might be used to build an engagement or matter-centric view across multiple repositories. The value of Ascera Web Parts here is that the data is changing constantly and professionals partially deliver services through these web pages. Ascera Publisher, however, is a more effective tool for parts of the intranet that require a true publication model. Two great examples are knowledge/practice resources and administrative publications. The knowledge/practice resources are originally sourced from matter content many times. The lawyers who want to re-use them publish them to a knowledge site where the resources can be further described with tags and other metadata.
In corporations where WorkSite is used as a departmental solution for the office of general counsel (OGC), Ascera Publisher provides a powerful way for the OGC to share documents with their clients without changing their work processes. Through the simple act of moving a document or using a command, the content can be shared with their clients on a SharePoint site.
Ascera Publisher Product Features
- Synchronizes documents, folders, and workspaces between WorkSite and SharePoint
- Publishes WorkSite documents, folders, or workspaces to SharePoint as links or copies
- Offers two publishing destination options that can be customized with tabs and radio buttons
- Provides two methods of synchronization: one-way and two-way (two-way synchronization allows users to edit documents in WorkSite or SharePoint and changes are kept in sync)
- Imports new SharePoint documents into WorkSite without user interaction
- Tracks and reports on what has been published to SharePoint and which publishing option was selected
- Allows editing on either WorkSite or SharePoint
Ascera Web Parts Product Features
- Shares any part of WorkSite tree, including any workspace, folder, search, Worklist, My Matters, or My Favorites as a set of HTML 5 Web Parts
- Displays WorkSite folders and documents dynamically or as fixed data
- Supports multiple WorkSite servers
- Supports key standard WorkSite functions, including import, versioning, download, edit, and view profile
- Provides integrated check-in and check-out with DeskSite and FileSite
- Audits all activities and logs in WorkSite history